The perfect picnic and summer gathering sandwiches
Tuna Tramezzini is the perfect mini sandwich that you will adore thanks to these top reasons:
- very fresh, light, creamy homemade tuna spread made in minutes
- you can easily adjust the amount of ingredients in the sandwich according to your taste
- this is the perfect recipe for picnics, summer celebrations, birthday parties, baby showers, and other events
- kids and adults love these
- you can be super flexible with the ingredients for the tuna spread
- the tuna spread keeps well for days in the fridge
Essential ingredients that make these Tuna Tomato Cucumber Tramezzini amazing
You won't find many ingredients in this recipe. You can easily substitute most of them with something you already have in your pantry.
Tuna - Use canned tuna in water or canned tuna in olive oil for this recipe. And don't forget, the better the tuna quality, the better the dish.
Shallot - shallot makes this sandwich spread slightly sweeter. Feel free to substitute with a regular onion.
Mustard - we love Wholegrain mustard as it adds character to the dish. Dijon mustard or regular yellow mustard will work too.
Capers -Rinse the salted capers under running water before using them. If you're using capers canned in vinegar, drain them before using.
Sour cream - feel free to use greek yogurt or mayo or a combination of all three.
Lemon juice - if you don't have lemons at home, you can use pickle juice as a substitute.
Keep the homemade tuna spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Always make Tuna Tomato Cucumber Tramezzini from scratch.
How to make Tuna Tomato Cucumber Tramezzini at home
Check this quick short video to learn how to make Tuna Tomato Cucumber Tramezzini at home.
Try these sandwiches too