Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Use all those overripe bananas in this simple recipe, yum, even those that have completely turned black.
- the preparation will only take you about 10 minutes
- this banana bread is soft, moist, and naturally sweet
- perfect for any day of the year, for picnics and celebrations
- kids and adults love it too
- very simple recipe, perfect for beginners
- made with probiotic yogurt from our favorite dairy place mlekarna Celeia
How to make Whole Wheat Banana Bread
It's incredibly easy to make homemade healthy banana bread. If you are a beginner, this recipe is perfect for you. This is how we make it:
- Preheat your oven - so that it will be ready for your amazing loaf of banana bread
- Using an immersion blender or a blender, combine bananas, yogurt, and honey
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the banana mixture to the egg mixture, until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the banana bread batter into your prepared loaf. Place an additional banana on top to make it prettier.
- Bake, cool, slice, and devour
Make your Banana bread unique
Sure, there's no need to overcomplicate this recipe. Feel free to leave it as it is. Simple, delicious, healthy whole wheat banana bread. However, there are a lot of options for making it unique. Customize it by adding one of these additions:
- chocolate chips (add dark chocolate chips, they are such a delicious addition)
- chopped nuts (like walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or almonds)
- peanut butter (add a tablespoon of natural creamy peanut butter to the mixture, it's so good)
- dried fruits (for example golden raisins or cranberries)
How to store Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Store your Whole Wheat Banana Bread at room temperature, in a fridge, or freeze it.
Tightly wrap your baked and cooled banana bread in cling film to prevent it from drying out. Store at room temperature or in a fridge for up to 3 days.
You can easily freeze banana bread too. Place it in a freezer bag or an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to a month. Before freezing, make sure that your banana bread is completely cooled, then cut in individual slices to have it ready or freeze the whole loaf. Before serving, defrost by placing on the kitchen counter or microwave them in intervals for a couple of seconds.
Go bananas with these recipes
Thanks to Mlekarna Celeia for their delicious dairy products, we absolutely love them. All the opinions are ours and we only share our honest opinions and recommendations for great products that we actually use.