Coconut Milk Fish Curry
- light curry, full of flavor and incredible aromas
- use available fish and veggies (some ideas below)
- full of delicious Kotányi spices
- gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free
- amazing weeknight dinner, perfect for all curry lovers
- made in just 35 minutes
- made in only one pan
How to make fish curry
The cooking time is super quick (35 minutes) and simple. This is how we do it:
- Marinade. Place the fish fillets on a plate, season and drizzle with lemon juice. With this simple marinade, the fish will transform and become more firm and flaky.
- Cook spices and veggies. Pan-fry the spices with prepared vegetables. The spices will release so much flavor, and your whole kitchen will smell absolutely amazing.
- Pour in the coconut milk, which will make the curry rich, creamy, and full of flavor.
- Add sugar snap peas and trout fillets. The key is not to overcook your sugar snap peas. They need to be beautifully green and still have a bit of a bite. It's also super important not to overcook the fish.
- Serve with chopped coriander or parsley and serve with a side of cooked basmati rice.
Which fish and veggies to use for this Coconut Fish Curry
Feel free to follow this recipe step by step, but if you don't have all the necessary ingredients, don't stress. The magic of curry is that you can change a few ingredients and still get the most delicious homemade curry.
Choose a skinless and boneless fish fillet. It can be fresh or defrosted. Instead of trout, use:
If you currently don't have fresh or frozen sugar snap peas at home or can't find them in your local store, use other veggies. These will work great.
- green beans (fresh or frozen)
- peas (fresh or frozen)
- fennel (fresh)
- celery (fresh)
- okra (fresh)
- pepper (fresh)
What to serve with Coconut Fish Curry with Vegetables
Simply serve this creamy Coconut Fish Curry with Vegetables with chopped coriander (cilantro) or parsley. Optionally sprinkle with black cumin and serve with cooked basmati rice. Another amazing side dish for this curry are homemade flatbreads, made in a pan.
How to store and freeze fish curry
You can store this tasty Coconut Fish Curry in two ways.
Place any leftover in an airtight container and cover it with a lid. Store in a fridge for up to 2 days. Before serving, transfer to a pot and bring to a boil, then serve. If necessary, add some liquid (water).
Feel free to make Fish Curry up to a month ahead and store it in the freezer. Store in a freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Before serving, transfer to a pot and bring to a boil, then serve. If necessary, add some liquid (water).
Try these amazing and creamy curry recipes too
Thanks to Kotanyi Slovenija for all the amazing spices that we absolutely adore and make our dishes richer. All the opinions are ours and we only share our honest opinions and recommendations for great products that we actually use.