Fantastic Soup for colder days
No other foods are as comforting and as delicious as a bowl filled with the creamy soup. On colder autumn and winter days, there's nothing better than butternut squash soup. It makes me feel so cozy and so good, and I believe you will love it too.
- the soup is creamy, thick, and super flavorful
- there's no artificial colorings or flavors in this recipe
- it will take only 30 minutes to make this recipe
- made in one pot only
- feel free to keep it refrigerated for a couple of days or freeze it for a couple of months
- it is gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free and vegan
- kids and adults love it
How to make Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Making this creamy butternut squash soup at home is super straightforward. We will need one pot and 9 simple ingredients. You will find the whole recipe with the ingredient list and method below. Here we're going to go through the steps together so you can get a better idea of how to make it at home.
- Thinly slice the squash and vegetables.
- In a pot, saute the squash and vegetables.
- Add the vegetable broth and cook.
- Blend and season.
- Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Divide between plates.
Often asked questions and answers
Here are some of the most often asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask in the comment below.
Can we use a different type of squash?
Absolutely. Choose butternut squash (our favorite because it's flavorful and makes the soup creamy), or choose Red Kuri / Hokkaido squash or Musquee de Provence Pumpkin.
Can we make this recipe dairy-free?
Sure, this recipe can easily be dairy-free and vegan. Instead of using milk, use water, and instead of butter, use oil.
What to serve with butternut squash?
We love adding one or two of these:
- a teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil and croutons
- roasted pepitas or roasted chopped walnuts
- a teaspoon of heavy cream
- pan-fried sage leaves
Feel free to store this beautiful creamy soup in two ways.
Keep the chilled Creamy Butternut Squash Soup in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days. Before serving, reheat in the microwave oven or using a pot.
Feel free to freeze the Creamy Butternut Squash Soup too. Place the soup in a freezer bag or a freezer-friendly container and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Before serving, defrost at room temperature (or in the fridge overnight), then reheat in the microwave oven or using a pot.
Try these wonderful squash recipes too