Delicious Chocolate Rum Balls
These are the top reasons why we believe you're going to love these:
- small, soft, delicious bite-size chocolate rum balls
- a beautiful combination of ground cookies, melted chocolate, and rum
- feel free to use coconut oil or butter in this recipe
- you can easily substitute the rum with water or milk and make them appropriate for kids, pregnant ladies, or those who don't drink alcohol in general
- these are fantastic for holidays, celebrations, and for over the weekend
- a simple beginner-friendly no-bake recipe
- they keep well, and you can freeze them too
Frequently asked questions and answers
Here you can find the most frequently asked questions and answers about Chocolate Rum Balls.
- How long do Rum Balls last? Feel free to store these Chocolate Rum Balls in three ways. Keep them at room temperature or in a fridge or freezer.
- Can a toddler eat Rum Balls? How can I make them kid-friendly? Toddlers and kids shouldn't eat Rum Balls since they contain alcohol. However, our toddler loves chocolate balls, so we simply substitute the rum with water or milk.
- Can you get drunk off rum balls? That depends on the amount of rum added to the chocolate rum balls and how many you eat. You absolutely can't get drunk off eating these from the recipe, especially if you only eat a few.
- Do rum balls need to be refrigerated? Nope, these Chocolate Rum Balls don't need to be refrigerated; you can make them and serve them immediately, at room temperature.
Storing and freezing
Feel free to store Chocolate Rum Balls in three ways.
Store them in a sealed, airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 7 days.
Keep them sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Before serving, place them at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
You can also freeze these. Place them in a freezer bag and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Before serving, defrost thoroughly.
How to make Chocolate Rum Balls at home (video)
Check this quick tutorial to see how we made Chocolate Rum Balls at home.
Try these delicious sweets too