Delicious Tuna Pasta for any day of the year
These are the top reasons why we think you're going to love this tuna tomato pasta:
- the tuna sauce is simply prepared, delicious, and made with dreamy, creamy sauce
- the Green Olive dressing on top adds a beautiful Mediterranean feel and some crunchiness
- a quick, simple, and delicious weeknight meal for any day of the year
- this is a beginner-friendly recipe
- it's dairy-free and a pretty healthy recipe
- an excellent meal for busy families, college students, or individuals who are always in a hurry
How to make Canned Tuna Pasta at home
This delicious Canned Tuna Pasta with Tomatoes, Capers, and a simple Olive Dressing is separated into two steps. First, we make the Olive Dressing. We combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set them aside until needed. This Dressing will add a beautiful layer of crunchiness and texture while bringing all those delicious Mediterranean flavors to the dish. Then, we make the Canned Tuna Pasta. The prep is quick and straightforward. Below you will find the whole recipe with ingredient list and instructions, and here's a quick overview for easier preparation.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve some pasta cooking water.
- Saute the onion, garlic, capers, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Add the tomato passata (Natural Tomato Sauce) and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the drained tuna from the can and stir to combine.
- Toss with the al dente cooked pasta.
- Serve with a beautiful Olive dressing.
Frequently asked question and answers
Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions and answers.
Can I use any other type of pasta? Absolutely. Feel free to use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta. We love using spaghetti in this recipe, but different pasta shapes and sizes work great too.
Which tuna should I use for Tuna Pasta? Use canned tuna in water or canned tuna in olive oil for this recipe. And don't forget, the better the tuna quality, the better the tuna sauce.
Why do we need preserved pasta water for pasta sauce? We always reserve some pasta cooking water for the sauce. The pasta loves to soak the liquid from the sauce, and by adding some of the reserved water, we help the sauce stay silky and delicious.
This Pantry Tuna Pasta recipe is made in minutes, so we recommend making it fresh from scratch.
However, if you have any leftovers, feel free to place them in an airtight container. Keep sealed in the fridge for up to 2 days. Before serving, reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on a stove until warm.
Try these amazing pasta recipes too