Brigadeiros - fudgy chocolate balls
These chocolate balls are divine, and we cannot wait to make them more often from now on. This is why we adore them:
- creamy, fudgy, milky, rich chocolate balls
- beautifully coated in chocolate sprinkles
- shaped into two-bite-sized balls
- the mixture for these chocolate balls is cooked, and we can keep them in the fridge for up to 7 days
- they are perfect for celebrations, or we would serve them as a sweet treat with coffee or tea
- no flour added, egg-free, and gluten-free
Essential ingredients and tips for preparation
We bought all the ingredients in our local store. We will only need these four simple ingredients (and there's no sugar) to make these chocolate balls.
Butter - adds a bit of flavor and helps these balls to keep their shape.
Sweetened Condensed Milk - use your favorite. We bought the canned Nestle sweetened condensed milk.
Cacao powder - we used unsweetened cacao powder because we didn't want to add additional sugar. However, we saw many people making these with hot chocolate powder, so if you wish to make these even sweeter, feel free to use that too.
Chocolate Sprinkles - we used our favorite chocolate sprinkles, and you can do the same. We love bigger sprinkles for these chocolate balls to add texture and shape.
- Place these chocolate balls in the fridge before shaping them. This way, the mixture will become easier to shape and coat in chocolate sprinkles.
- Keep the Brigadeiro balls in the fridge. Before serving, place them at room temperature, so they become fudgy and creamy.
How to make Brigadeiro at home (video)
Check this quick video to master this Brigadeiro (Chocolate Balls) recipe at home.
Feel free to store Brigadeiro in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Try these delicious chocolate treats next
Thanks to Spar Slovenija for all the amazing ingredients and for sponsoring this post.