Healthy Trail Mix Cookies Recipe
These quick cookies won't leave you indifferent.
- full of flavor and texture
- crunchy, but light and very tasty
- very quick and easy recipe, made in just 30 minutes
- the perfect snack on the go, or to take with you to an office, to school
- would make a great Christmas cookie too
- without any artificial sugar (no white or brown sugar in this recipe)
- they keep well in an airtight container
How to make Healthy Trail Mix Cookies at home
Trail Mix Cookies are ridiculously easy to make at home, and they won't take a lot of time either. This is how we make them:
- In a bowl, stir to combine dried fruits, nuts, seeds, dried apples, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, honey, eggs, flour, and baking powder.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Scoop out 15 cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool, and serve.
Ingredients you need for Trail Mix Cookies
This recipe for Healthy Trail Mix Cookies is super versatile and you can easily substitute almost any ingredient and make these cookies 100% according to your taste.
Oats - Use old fashioned oats or whole wheat oats.
Seed and Nut Mixture - Use your favorite trail mix. We used a homemade mixture of almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds. However, we sometimes substitute with chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, or other nuts too.
Dried Fruits Mixture - Use whatever you have at hand. We used a mixture of raisins, dried cranberries, and dried apricots. Feel free to substitute with other dried fruits.
Dried apples - are another great way to naturally sweeten these cookies. We used Kotanyi apple chips that only has one ingredient: apples.
Chocolate chips - Use milk chocolate or dark chocolate. We prefer dark chocolate chips, but simply chopped chocolate will work too.
Honey - we always use floral honey or acacia honey, because it has a subtle honey flavor. It's also a great way to naturally sweeten these cookies.
Flour - in this recipe we used all-purpose flour but spelt flour or whole wheat flour will work very well too.
Baking powder - it will help these cookies to rise slightly while baking. Feel free to substitute with baking soda.
How to store Healthy Trail Mix Cookies
Keep these Trail Mix Cookies in an airtight container, at room temperature, or in a pantry for up to 10 days.
Try these delicious quick cookie recipes too
Thanks to Kotanyi Slovenija for all the amazing spices that we adore and make our dishes richer. All the opinions are ours, and we only share our honest opinion and recommendation for great products that we actually use.